Homemade white bread. You will not fail with this recipe. The instructions are simple, just proceed through the steps. It makes four loaves. Serve with butter and jelly. It also makes excellent grilled cheese sandwiches, turns the regular into gourmet!Print
Failproof basic white homemade bread.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 12–14 cups of bread flour
- In mixer, combine the 1 cup of warm water, yeast, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan boil 2 cups water, then add canola oil, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt. Stir until melted.
- Add 2 1/2 cups cold water to oil mixture to bring temperature down. Add to mixer bowl.
- Add 6 cups of bread flour. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Add 6 to 8 cups of bread flour. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double, approximately 1 hour.
- Punch down and let rise again.
- Grease 4 bread loaf pans.
- Divide into 4 portions. Shape into loaves and place in the pans.
- Brush oil over the tops.
- Let loaves rise until double. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let loaves sit in pans for 5 minutes to rest.
- Remove from pans onto cooling racks.
- Brush loaves with butter while hot.