Failproof basic white homemade bread.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 12–14 cups of bread flour
- In mixer, combine the 1 cup of warm water, yeast, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan boil 2 cups water, then add canola oil, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt. Stir until melted.
- Add 2 1/2 cups cold water to oil mixture to bring temperature down. Add to mixer bowl.
- Add 6 cups of bread flour. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Add 6 to 8 cups of bread flour. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double, approximately 1 hour.
- Punch down and let rise again.
- Grease 4 bread loaf pans.
- Divide into 4 portions. Shape into loaves and place in the pans.
- Brush oil over the tops.
- Let loaves rise until double. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let loaves sit in pans for 5 minutes to rest.
- Remove from pans onto cooling racks.
- Brush loaves with butter while hot.